[fpc-pascal] Re: Using TSdfDataset

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Sun Sep 7 21:39:27 CEST 2008

On 9/7/08, Graeme Geldenhuys <graemeg.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
>  I've never heard or seen TSdfDataset or TFixedDataset - other than
>  from your recent postings.  From the wiki page, it looks like the data
>  is stored in a simple CSV file. So does the TxxxDataset  class simply
>  act as a wrapper to the CSV file?  Is that correct?

For TSdfDataset you can choose the separator, so it's not necessarely
a comma, but yes, if using commas it will be a CSV file, with the
addition of having the names of the fields in the first row.

For TFixedDataset I added an example in the wiki. It's a completely
different format.

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho