[fpc-pascal] ibase60.inc

Dimitrios Chr. Ioannidis dioannidis at artesoft.gr
Thu Sep 4 19:05:43 CEST 2008

On Sep 4, 2008, at 5:03 PM, Marco van de Voort wrote:
> In our previous episode, Dimitrios Chr. Ioannidis said:
>>  is it possible someone to add support for OS X in ibase60.inc ?
>>
>>  Firebird for OS X is working fine for quite some time now.
>
> This can be done. Are you sure that gds and fbembed really are
> libfbclient.dylib, and not the ones from the $ELSE clause?

I added a ticket in the free pascal tracker ( #0012062 ) and uploaded
a patch tested in CentOS 5.2 x86_64 and in OS X 10.5.2 with
FirebirdCS-2.1.1-17910-RC1 and it's working.

BTW, the Firebird Installer for OS X, doesn't make the
libfbclient.dylib available in one of the dynamic loader search paths,
i added a ticket also in Firebird's tracker ( http://tracker.firebirdsql.org/browse/CORE-2065
  ) so until it's fixed, you should add a symlink to one of them

i.e. ln -s /Library/Frameworks/Firebird.framework/Libraries/
libfbclient.dylib /usr/local/lib/libfbclient.dylib

regards,

--
Dimitrios Chr. Ioannidis