[fpc-pascal] Installing on Mac OS X

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Mon Sep 1 16:40:28 CEST 2008

On 01 Sep 2008, at 15:32, Paul wrote:

> placing it all in the /Developer/ folder seems more logical to me.
> FPC should do the same imho (for Mac OS X).

FPC is a unix command line application. Those belong under /usr/local/
(it's the reason of existence for that hierarchy). Putting it under /
Developer would not make it any easier to use, since /Developer (or /
Developer/fpc/usr/bin or so) is not in the default command line path
either, and there is not a single double-clickable application in the
Mac OS X FPC distribution (well, none that does anything useful when
you execute it like that anyway).

Jonas