[fpc-pascal] Spreadsheet library/unit?

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 15:00:53 CEST 2008

On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 10:45 AM, Marco van de Voort <marcov at stack.nl> wrote:
> I already noticed, yes.  Can you choose between in and out of source
> documentation with Doc-O-Matic, or is it always in source?

It supports out of source documentation, but not in the Express (zero
cost) edition:

http://www.doc-o-matic.com/featurematrix.html

> I'm not that fond of in-source docs. It has a certain principal appeal
> (maintaining both together), but I don't like the practice. Or at least the
> ones that I have seen.

I find that the external documentation imposes a too big overhead.
When in-source I can write it in the same editor I am used to,
navigating the same source I am used to, instead of an external
representation of it. Not to mention when things get renamed external
docs usually have a hard time.

The external documentation duplicates information, because we already
describe how things work in the comments, and then we need to describe
that again in external docs. Or if we don't comment properly it
becomes hard to underderstand the code.

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho