[fpc-pascal] Spreadsheet library/unit?

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 12:17:17 CEST 2008

On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 1:26 AM, Francisco Reyes <lists at stringsutils.com> wrote:
> Based on your schedule when do you think you may get the opendocument format
> or the Excel 5 working under Linux/FreeBSD?

No idea. If you try to implement it, I could help you and that would
certainly motivate me more then doing the work alone. The work is
simple, just somewhat boring and needs a lot of testing. Just read the
documentation for the format and start implementing it:

http://sc.openoffice.org/compdocfileformat.pdf

> Also, any plans to have the help in anything other than chm?

The help is generated from the comments in the source code using
Doc-O-Matic express:

http://lazarus-ccr.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/lazarus-ccr/components/fpspreadsheet/builddoc.bat?revision=362&view=markup

I assume you don't have Windows installed, do you? I will try to
generate in another format later today.

It is possible to use any documentattion generator by inputing the
adequate parameters it will use to analize the source code, but I
tested many pascal doc generators and Doc-O-Matic was by far the best.

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho