[fpc-pascal] threading on posix platform

Bee bisma at brawijaya.ac.id
Mon Oct 20 18:22:27 CEST 2008

> In the end (with a few posts to the mailing list), we found out that
> if a task (thread) is quick or not very CPU intensive, Linux prefers
> to give them longer timeslices instead of constantly switching
> threads. That was the only thing I noticed, but other than that, I use
> threads (although little at the moment) in exactly the same way as I
> did with Delphi and all is fine.

It might be the case, I'm not sure. In my case, sometimes my app (fcgi)
couldn't create a new requested thread, but at other times it created
successfully. It happened randomly which gave me enough headaches to
find what caused the problem. Such case didn't happen on windows.

Anyway, thanks for the tips, Graeme.

-Bee-