[fpc-pascal] si_prc.pp or prt0.as(m)?

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Wed Nov 26 10:51:36 CET 2008

In our previous episode, leledumbo said:
> > This afaik depends on the OS. Linux uses si_pr*, and FreeBSD uses
> > (c)prt0.as
> >
> > OS X afaik has parts that are equivalent to stuff in si_pr* integrated in
> > the main program.
> >
> So it's integrated in the compiler (I mean, the compiler already knows which
> one to use depending on the target OS)? Is there any other way to change
> this other than tweaking the compiler?

No. Though afaik only the names are set, and since (unlike with normal
units) you can exchange these files without recompiling everything, except
maybe for OS X/

I haven't really tested this for si_* though, but this has been done in the
past that allowed to fix the same binary releases to generate FreeBSD 4 or
5 binaries, using the following scripts:

http://www.stack.nl/~marcov/fixfpc
http://www.stack.nl/~marcov/fixfpc19
http://www.stack.nl/~marcov/fixfpc2

As of 2.2, these scripts are no longer supported though, since more post 4
functionality has been integrated into the RTL.