[fpc-pascal] Bootstrapping FPC for x86_64

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 11:36:32 CET 2008

On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 12:26 PM, Graeme Geldenhuys
<graemeg.lists at gmail.com> wrote:

> make CPU_TARGET=x86_64 OS_TARGET=linux
> FPC=/home/graemeg/programming/ppc386 cycle
>
> After running the above command, I finally ended up with a 'ppx86'
> executable.  I'll now try and build the whole FPC with that.  :-)
> Lets hope all goes well!

IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :-)

$>  fpc -i
Free Pascal Compiler version 2.2.3

Compiler Date      : 2008/11/24
Compiler CPU Target: x86_64

Supported targets:
  Linux for x86-64
  FreeBSD for x86-64
  Win64 for x64

[....]

Now I can finally do local 64bit FPC testing and development without
having to connecting to an Austrian server! :-)

Regards,
  - Graeme -