[fpc-pascal] BUG: FPC must not expect main for shared library

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Fri Nov 21 18:19:33 CET 2008

On 21 Nov 2008, at 18:04, KES wrote:

> I think FPC must not expect 'main' entry point

The "main" of an FPC shared library contains the code to run the
initialisation routines of all units used by the library. The label of
this code is however not called "main" (I can't remember that it ever
was), and the FreeBSD startup code for is indeed wrong in calling it.

For the FreeBSD maintainers: I guess you should use similar init/fini
code as what is used for Linux (compiler/t_linux.pas, search for
initname).

Jonas