[fpc-pascal] Intel x86 inline assembler problem

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Wed Nov 19 14:30:03 CET 2008

On 19 Nov 2008, at 04:08, leledumbo wrote:

> What's Free Pascal's substitution for $ (used as Hex in FPC, current
> line
> address in normal assembler)?

I don't think there is any. Use a label instead. Or do you want to
jump into the middle of an instruction?

> EIP is recognized by the assembler? How come? AFAIK, it's not
> visible to the
> programmer. Thus, the above EIP should refer to EIP in the local
> variables
> section.

While it's not user-visible, it's still the name of a cpu register.
And given that its 64 bit cousin (RIP) is exposed, it might also be
exposed in 32 bit mode in the future (although this is unlikely).

Jonas