[fpc-pascal] Make FPC closer to hardware

leledumbo leledumbo_cool at yahoo.co.id
Wed Nov 19 03:02:26 CET 2008

Frank Peelo wrote:

> yes, but for example you /don't/ need to write your own write routines.
> (You *can't* write writeln in Pascal!)

I know, I'm just saying Write routines, doesn't have to be the same as
Write(Ln) which has variable number of arguments. I'm writing one for each
type (.i.e WriteString, WriteLong, etc).

Frank Peelo wrote:

> You can implement just the driver underneath. As the CRT unit does. It's
> not "one character at a time",
> it's "one bufferful at a time"; this is an efficiency thing. You /could/
> write a tfdd that called your "one char at a time" functions.

What driver? Well, it's not difficult to have that "one bufferful at a time"
thing. Perhaps I'll take a look at Crt unit source.

Frank Peelo wrote:

> The FreePascal people have written a portable compiler with this
> language, so it must be possible to do system stuff with it!

That's what I saw from other OSes, which already have everything needed. I
guess I should ask them.