[fpc-pascal] UDF+FREEBSD+FIREBIRD FPC generate wrong object file???

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Mon Nov 17 11:01:39 CET 2008

On Sun, 16 Nov 2008, KES wrote:

> MVC>> Of course,  you must correct the names.
>
> MVC>> Michael.
>
> K> home# ./a.out
>
> K> in output of nm libtetudf.so
> K> I have noticed this:
> K> 0001d950 t gcc2_compiled.
> K>          U main
> K> 00039758 B operatingsystem_parameter_argc
> K> "U main" what this mean??

Apparently, the FPC library startup code expects there to be a "main" symbol,
(normally the main program entry point) and it isn't there in FreeBSD.

That is why the library cannot be loaded. I don't know how to solve this,
I expect Marco Van de Voort or Ales Katona to be able to answer that.

Michael.