[fpc-pascal] Starting out with Free Pascal

Bill bchessell at charter.net
Sun Nov 16 19:54:18 CET 2008

Graeme,

Terrific answers and just what I was looking for.  While I plugged around
the net all yesterday morning I was unable to find the answer "any Delphi
book should do." Thank you, thank you, thank you. Now I can plunk down my
money and not expect to wait a week to find out that I am no closer to my
solution.  I will continue on with Lazarus and wait for my book to arrive.

I sincerely appreciate your answers. I will connect up with Amazon right
now.

Bill

>/ Should I learn study FPC first and then move on to Lazarus, or just start
/>/ with Lazarus?
/
I think it should be okay to start directly with Lazarus. Lazarus IDE
makes project management much easier and has some fantastic editor
features.

>/ What books would you suggest?
/
"any Delphi book should do."