[fpc-pascal] ibconnection patch

Joao Morais post at joaomorais.com.br
Sun May 25 13:01:58 CEST 2008

Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

> On Sat, 24 May 2008, Joao Morais wrote:
>
>> The following patches fixes the lack of sqlscale var when writing decimal and
>> numeric fields to ib/fb databases. I've used the same approach used to read
>> such fields, ie, intpower.
>
> I looked at the patch. It looks good.
> I have applied the patch to trunk, and merged it to fixes branch.

Thanks.

One thing have concerned me about this patch. I don't use sqldb as the
majority (I only use the sql statement and params, open and close the
query and the transaction within the same milissecond), once this is a
very trivial bug (ie anyone storing a scalar integer field would see the
problem), this could have breaked something elsewhere (and if so, imho
this 'elsewhere' is what should be fixed). Lazarus and MSE teams can
confirm that everything is ok?

Joao Morais