[fpc-pascal] FPC 2.2.1 on Mac OS X

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Fri May 23 15:19:08 CEST 2008

On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 9:59 AM, Mattias Gärtner
<nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de> wrote:
> It will change, as soon it works 'better'.

Sure, but what does better mean? Better then what? Is there any real
alternative at the moment to the Carbon IDE?

Have you ever worked with the Gtk IDE under Mac OS X? The installation
problems are just the point of the iceberg. Copy+Paste doesn't work.
Do you see how this can be annoying? You open your e-mail, want to
paste some code to the editor and bang, it's impossible =/

Also, It crashed every 5 minutes. It looks crappy. It is absolutely
unusable, even for developers, and trust me, I tryed to use it for a
long time, and I eventually gave up because it's simply unusable.

I use the Carbon IDE daily and there are only some minor bugs (all
already reported). Sometimes the tabs show the wrong file, sometimes
it needs a restart, but it looks very good, is very fast, doesn't need
X11, copy+paste works, it never crashed for me, ...

I think that the Carbon IDE is ready on it's own merits, and even if
there are bugs, there is no other alternative, so it's irrelevant.

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho