[fpc-pascal] gprof setup on windows

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 08:46:25 CET 2008

On 02/11/2007, Darius Blaszijk <dhkblaszyk at zeelandnet.nl> wrote:
> I would like to profile my code on windows. I tried searching the wiki,
>  but without much success on how to do that on windows. Can anyone
>  explain me in a few words how this can be done?

Did you ever find any information.  I would like to profile some of my
code as well and need the same information.

I compiled my application and all packages with the '-pg' compiler
option. Run the application and section that needs profiling and it
generated a very small gprof.out file (186 bytes).  I then ran gprof
as follows:
  gprof gridspeed.exe gprof.out > output.txt

As expected from the small gprof.out file, there is no useful
information in the output.txt file. :-(

Anybody got some idea of what I did wrong?

Regards,
  - Graeme -