[fpc-pascal] Unicode filenames

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 10:46:47 CEST 2008

2008/6/30 Mattias Gaertner <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de>:

> Can you test to create a chinese filename in the explorer. For example:
>
> 北方话.txt

I can't create that file in Windows Explorer. I'm using Windows 2000
in a VMWare session. I opened explorer. Then copied the filename above
to the clipboard from Linux (where Firefox and GMail runs).  The then
go to Window VMWare session. Right Click and create now text file.
Past the chinese name, which then seems to escape the name. When I
press enter to confirm the name, Windows gives me an error.

See the screenshot.
  http://opensoft.homeip.net/~graemeg/test.png

PS:
I hope I got the Apache access permisions correct to my home folder.
Let me know if there is a problem accessing the image, then I'll move
it somewhere else on the web.

Regards,
 - Graeme -