[fpc-pascal] SysLocale.PriLangID vs Mac OS X localization

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 23:02:56 CEST 2008

2008/6/23 Michael Van Canneyt <michael at freepascal.org>:

> So what do Mac users do with all these web-applications and "web 2.0" with
> their other GUI rules ? Start crying ?

Best example yet!  :-)
I really find these "native look and feel" debates pointless.  Users
are *not* that observant. And don't compare 'users' to 'developers'.
As long as an application works and does what it was designed for, in
a consistent way, you will probably make 90% of the users happy.

Your example of the web fits perfectly into my argument. All the
different users experience the web in exactly the same way, no matter
the platform. They all seem to survive the non-native look.  ;-)

Regards,
 - Graeme -