[fpc-pascal] freepascal + mysql5 + osx

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Sun Jun 22 19:09:42 CEST 2008

On 22 Jun 2008, at 12:21, Harald Lapp wrote:

> after reading every bit of freepascal + mysql5 i could find on the
> net, i have still some problems getting this to run on OSX. i've
> installed mysql-5.0.45 and as i'm developing mainly with PHP and i
> compiled PHP with mysql support on my own, everything regarding mysql
> needed for developing with freepascal should be installed already.
> i've tried with the example posted on this mailinglist a while ago:
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.compilers.free-pascal.general/
> 11357
> however, i don't get it to work -- i get error messages from the
> linker:

Add the following to your program:

{$linklib mysql50}

The reason that this is not necessary on other platforms, is that they
implicitly add that based on the external declarations. This was
disabled for Darwin when initially porting FPC to that platform
because a lot of those external library declarations were wrong there.
This was never properly resolved later on, hence the need to still
explicitly add the {$linklib ...} statements for Darwin.

Jonas