[fpc-pascal] Easiest way to get Lazarus on Linux

Rainer Stratmann RainerStratmann at t-online.de
Sun Jun 22 11:42:20 CEST 2008

Am Sonntag, 22. Juni 2008 11:40 schrieb Mattias Gaertner:
> There is no official CD/DVD yet.
>
> But maybe this helps:
> http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Getting_Lazarus#Lazarus_Distributions
>
> Mattias
I downloaded the Ubuntu Version CD/DVD at the Website above. It works, but I
found this Version on Ubuntu too slow in comparison to Debian KDE Version.

Also I downloaded a so called Netinstall Debian CD and wanted to install
Lazarus with deb packages. That does not work because of some conflicts with
different versions of some libs. I have no Internet access at the Lazarus PC.

Lazarus is at the Knoppix DVD, but this Knoppix is not very usable for HD
install. It is not easy for Linux beginners to program in Pascal.