[fpc-pascal] linking to dll still fails

Marc Santhoff M.Santhoff at t-online.de
Sun Jun 8 13:04:03 CEST 2008

Am Sonntag, den 08.06.2008, 12:35 +0200 schrieb Marc Santhoff:
> > > Another part is to adapt the declaration of variables. Currently they
> > > are defined like this:
> > >
> > > H5T_NATIVE_SCHAR_g : hid_t;cvar;external;
> > >
> > > and as you can see in the fpcdebug.txt the name mangling is wrong:
> > >
> > > 10000002:Error: Undefined symbol: _H5T_NATIVE_SCHAR_g
> > >
> > > How does it have to be defined for Windows?
> >
> > No idea; it probably depends on the used C compiler ?
>
> IIRC this is MSVC in version 6 or so. I'll look after that.

Maybe it's the initialization, that could be done in another way (e.g. a
separate unit if necessary):

<unit hdf5>
unit hdf5;
initialization

	{ C has this in macros all over the place. Since it has to be done
	  once we do it here before anything else happens and are happy :) }
	H5open();

	{ Initialize standard type vars for copying }

	H5T_NATIVE_CHAR := H5T_NATIVE_SCHAR_g;
	H5T_NATIVE_SCHAR := H5T_NATIVE_SCHAR_g;
</unit hdf5>

Marc