[fpc-pascal] Re: FPC 2.2.1 on Mac OS X

Damien Gerard milipili at shikami.org
Thu Jun 5 15:45:09 CEST 2008

Le Jun 5, 2008 à 3:32 PM, Vincent Snijders a écrit :

> Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho schreef:
>> On Thu, Jun 5, 2008 at 3:11 AM, Karl-Michael Schindler
>> <Karl-Michael.Schindler at web.de> wrote:
>>> How do you use fink for your work with freepascal and lazarus?
>> I think that the question is that using fink shouldn't be necessary
>> install the Carbon based Lazarus. It could be deployed like any other
>> native application, in a .dmg disk image with a .app application
>> bundle, which can be moved to /Applications
>> Most people would like to avoid fink if possible, but maybe you
>> have a
>> compeling reason to use it instead of the standard install method for
>> native applications
>
> Fink could be useful for the compiler. The compiler is not installed
> under /Applications.

Snapshots don't use Fink as far I know and it works well on my laptop.
That's why I was talking about an installer, mostly to install FPC.
But I think it could be install in the same directory of Lazarus like
it is done under Windows.

By the way, I don't know if it is a good idea, but the install dir may
be /Developper/Applications/Lazarus instead of /Applications, like
XCode and others dev tools.

--
Damien Gerard
milipili at shikami.org