[fpc-pascal] steering fpcmake for multiple platforms

Marc Santhoff M.Santhoff at t-online.de
Thu Jun 5 06:28:59 CEST 2008

Am Mittwoch, den 04.06.2008, 23:38 +0200 schrieb Marc Santhoff:
> Hi,
>
> I'm in the process of making a package for fpc platform aware. It is
> developed and working on FreeBSD and I want to make it usable on
> Windows, too.
>
> My problems are:
>
> 1. How can/should the target path of the target "zipsourceinstall" be
> set, so that it will work on both platforms? Currently it comes out as
>
> 	"share/src/fpc-$(version)/packagename"

No solution yet ...

> This is mostly correct (since it is an "extra" package in contrast to a
> "base" package) but makes no sense on windows.
>
> 2. How can I set the compiling target path, the path where the .ppu
> and .o will be stored to match the installation?

Okay, this is done in the installation step, not when compiling. Done.

> 3. How can I deal with the original source linking to libc and using
> basunix, which when omitted leads to missing basic type declarations
> like "ssize_t" or "time_t"?

This is done so far by re-defining some missing symbols. If there is a
unit on windows defining "off_t" and "time_t" I still like to know.

Going forward I ran into another problem:

4. When the sources are compiled the "libimphdf5.a" is built, but it is
mostly empty. There is only an "!arch" tag (or so) in it and no
definitions. The library "hdf5.dll" is in the windows directory and in
the program directory (to be sure ;).

What is missing here?

Regards,
Marc