[fpc-pascal] FPC_ARMEL system calls

Luca Olivetti luca at ventoso.org
Sun Jun 1 14:01:16 CEST 2008

[Beware, I'm neither an arm expert nor an fpc internals one, that's why
I'm asking instead of patching, patching that I wouldn't know how to do
anyway].

Due to my (insofar) failed experiment to get an arm-eabi compiler, I
took a look at where FPC_ARMEL is used.

FPC_ARMEL is apparently only used in compiler/systems/i_linux.pas and
compiler/systems/t_linux.pas.
The latter is the recent change to use the correct dynamic linker, and
the former to change the alignment of some structures (required by the
eabi specification).
But eabi shouldn't also use a different syscall conversion[*]? Or does
it use libc with whatever calling convention it is using (though it
doesn't seem the case)?

[*]I think it can use the "old" one, albeit with some performance
penalization

Bye
--
Luca