[fpc-pascal] FreePascal on ARM Linux ,SoftFloat and EABI issues

Luca Olivetti luca at ventoso.org
Sun Jun 1 11:47:12 CEST 2008

En/na Marco van de Voort ha escrit:
>> As per Terry's instructions I changed  t_linux.pas to use ld-linux.so.3
>> if compiled with -dFPC-ARMEL.
>
> That's not necessary, a -FD in the fpc.cfg works too without changing +
> recompiling.

"-FD<x>     sets the directory where to search for compiler utilities"

How do I use it to define the default dynamic linker?

>> My guess is that the rtl/packages were compiled without the
>> '-dFPC-ARMEL' when I made the compiler with
>>
>> make zipinstall OPT='-CfSOFT -dFPC-ARMEL -O-'
>>
>> (I didn't pay too much attention but I'm sure that at least it didn't
>> pass the '-O-' while compiling the rtl).
>>
>> Hints?
>
> It should work like this. However most makefile commands that involve a
> bootstrapping step ignore fpc.cfg, that is afaik documented.

I'm not sure I understand correctly.
I added the '-dFPC-ARMEL' *after* making the compiler+rtl, if I put it
in *before*, will be taken into account while building the rtl/packages
or will it be ignored?
If the latter, how do I make sure the rtl/packages are built with
'dFPC-ARMEL'?

Thanks.
--
Luca