[fpc-pascal] Enabling FPC_HAS_FEATURE_CONSOLEIO

leledumbo leledumbo_cool at yahoo.co.id
Mon Jul 28 11:12:35 CEST 2008

I need FPC (or better, Pascal) console IO feature for my OS. That is,
Write(Ln) (and possibly Read(Ln)) with variable number and type of
arguments. I already have my own, but each can only take one argument. So, a
statement like:

WriteLn('Hello, I am ',20,' years old');

must be splitted into:

WriteString('Hello, I am ');
WriteLong(20);
WriteStrLn(' years old');

This is very inconvenient. Moreover, assertions needs it. My first attempt,
is to comment out {$undef FPC_HAS_FEATURE_CONSOLEIO} in my system.pas. But
then, FPC argues about Unknown compilerproc "fpc_write_text_shortstr". I
found it in text.inc, but it's only included if FPC_HAS_FEATURE_TEXTIO is
defined. Knowing that I don't yet have any file system driver, I guess it's
impossible to reach my goal by defining it.
What's the correct way?