[fpc-pascal] Ugly exception during compilation FPC 2.3.1 MacOS X 10.5 PowerPC

Vincent Snijders vsnijders at quicknet.nl
Tue Jul 22 11:33:30 CEST 2008

Roland Turcan schreef:
> Hello FPC-Pascal users discussions!
>
> Compilation shows me next ugly error messages during building
> lazarus with our components.
>
> How can I turn on move verbose outputs to see more about the problem.
>
> The strangest is, the same source code is buildable into Lazarus/Linux
> without any problem, but Linux runs on i386 and MacOS on PPC. I guess
> it is problem with compiler.

If this is a compiler bug, try compiling the compiler with -gl to show line number
information about the compiler crash. Usually this doesn't help me much tough,
because I cannot fix the compiler. In such cases, I try to create a bug report with
a small example that shows the crash.

Maybe compiling lazarus with -vl shows where the compilation process halts.

Vincent