[fpc-pascal] No need for as and ld on i386-win32?

leledumbo leledumbo_cool at yahoo.co.id
Mon Jul 21 07:02:46 CEST 2008

I've just read the buildfaq that Marco wrote and I found that under x86
(win32 and elf), FPC has internal assembler (I didn't know this before).
Even under win32 it also has internal linker (I already know this one). Does
it mean that as and ld is no longer needed for i386-win32?
I see a path where FPC is going to: leaving GNU tools slowly but sure (at
least from above and the future plan for replacing GNU Make with FPMake). Am
I right? If so, bye-bye C-things!!! (^o^)