[fpc-pascal] Modula-3 or Modula-2+ vs FPC (Object Pascal)

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 15:18:05 CEST 2008

Hi,

Years ago I remember looking at Modula-2.  Since then Modula-2+ and
Modula-3 was created.  Apparently Modula-3 had some very good features
that were 'ported' directly into the Java language.

Has anybody got a feature-by-feature comparison of Modula-3 and FPC
(Object Pascal)?  Is is purely to please my curiosity. :-)  I just
read an article on www.osnews.com about Modula-3.  Apparently it was
used to create OS's and GUI apps, had things like Network Objects
(ported to Java as Java RMI), so seems it was quite flexible, but I
know nothing more about it.

Regards,
 - Graeme -