[fpc-pascal] FPC and Mac OS X 10.5

Mattias Gärtner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Wed Jul 16 13:15:22 CEST 2008

Zitat von Jonas Maebe <jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be>:

> On 16 Jul 2008, at 10:26, Mattias Gärtner wrote:
>
> > Maybe you misunderstood: I did not use the lazarus 'make install'.
> > I installed fpc with 'make install'. This installed fpc 2.3.1 in a
> > separate
> > directory (/usr/local/lib/fpc/2.3.1) (separate from the prior
> > installed fpc
> > 2.2.2rc1).
> > And I did a lazarus 'make clean all'. This lead to the strange
> > linker errors.
>
> This is strange, since the FPC config files all use $fpcversion to set
> the unit paths.

BTW, for some reasons 'make install' did not recreate the /etc/fpc.cfg. I did it
manually by calling samplecfg with $fpcversion. But it did not make any
difference. The errors stayed the same. I did not check the diff between both
fpc.cfg.

> There was also no 2.2.2rc1 release for Mac OS X
> (although it may have been distributed along with some Lazarus
> snapshot(s)).

Yes, I had to use the lazarus snapshot of fpc as start compiler, because the
2.2.0 failed to compile fpc 2.2.3 and 2.3.1 (Access Violation). What is the
current startup compiler for Mac OS X 10.5?

But I don't think the 2.2.0 nor 2.2.2 had to do with the bug, because I didn't
use 2.2.0 nor 2.2.2 to compile lazarus and the solution was to remove all the
ppu files of 2.3.1 and lazarus. So 2.2.0 nor 2.2.2 never touched the ppu/o
files.

The only explanation is that some ppu/o files mixed up. Maybe some search paths
contain some invalid paths?

Mattias