[fpc-pascal] csLoading

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 00:22:49 CEST 2008

2008/7/9 Vincent Snijders <vsnijders at quicknet.nl>:
> Secondly, why isn't TComponent.Loading called to set the csLoading flag?

That would make sense and be more consistent.  I think it might have
been a oversight when TComponent.Loading was implemented.

>  IIRC Graeme just needed it protected so he could call it.

Yup, that was my only request at the time. Without Loading() I
couldn't set the ComponentState field and reuse the existing csLoading
flag. I don't use the stream classes (TReader/TWriter) to construct
and setup my components in fpGUI, I use plain Object Pascal and their
properties. In my case csLoading is used to control whether events
fire or not, when properties are modified.

Regards,
 - Graeme -