[fpc-pascal] distinct types and type identifier

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 12:44:42 CET 2008

On 30/01/2008, Peter Vreman <peter at freepascal.org> wrote:

> In case of unique integer types. The types are not the equivalent,
> but are still compatible and
> will be converted implicitly by the compiler. It unique types affect
> procedure overloading. The
> following short example demonstrates this.

Thanks Peter. Your example confirms that defining it as a unique type
is what I wanted. All methods that took a TfpgColor as parameter was
defined using a TfpgColor type and not a LongWord.  I prefer the idea
of have TfpgColor defined as a unique type.

Thanks for all the replies...

Regards,
  - Graeme -