[fpc-pascal] Linux daemon crashing

Rob van der Linde robvdl at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 22:29:34 CET 2008

Hi all, I'm trying to make a Linux daemon using FPC 2.2

I tried compiling the bundled daemon.pp (fcl-base/tests), it's an object
oriented version. Compilation is ok, but when I run the daemon I get the
following error:

exception at 000000000046BF6C:
Options do not allow determining what needs to be done.

And the daemon exits.

I also tried compiling an older version of daemon.pp, that was bundled
with FPC 2.0.4 (but still compiling it with FPC 2.2). The older version
is not object oriented, and contains more complex code, but it does
work.

Is this a known problem when creating a daemon in Linux, using the new
units? Or maybe it could be because I am using AMD64? I have not yet
tried it on a 32 bit Linux installation, so I am not sure.

I would like to use the object oriented version if possible, I like the
code, it looks clean and easy to use, but it doesn't work, so I am
temporarily having to use the older version of daemon.pp for now.