[fpc-pascal] FreePascal Coding style

Adrian Veith adrian at veith-system.de
Mon Jan 21 15:36:04 CET 2008

Graeme Geldenhuys schrieb:
> On 21/01/2008, Michael Van Canneyt <michael at freepascal.org> wrote:
>
>> No, there isn't. I follow Borland coding style, but some others don't.
>> You cannot force everyone to use the same style. And you should not.
>>

> That's why we need a editor that supports 'elastic tab stops'.  ;-)
> It's a brilliant idea, but might make your processor work a bit harder
> (but considering that most CPU's sit at idle 90% of their life, that's
> not really an issue).
>
> For more information on 'elastic tab stops' see the following website.
> He has a simple java demo editor showing it in action.
>   http://nickgravgaard.com/elastictabstops/

I tried the example in action and its awefull.

I tried this:

if x = 1 then begin<TAB>// my comment on ifs
<TAB>y:= 2;<TAB>//yes y gets 2
end;

this was NOT what I wanted - to make it "better" i changed to:

if <TAB>x = 1 then begin<TAB>// my comment on ifs
<TAB>y:= 2;<TAB>//yes y gets 2
end;

not nice eighter - I am to stupid for those smart elastic tabs.

cheers,

Adrian.