[fpc-pascal] Accessing ROM BIOS Font in Linux.

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-pascal at telemetry.co.uk
Sat Jan 19 14:19:53 CET 2008

Anthony W.Henry wrote:

>  I really don't have to worry about the few Kilobytes
> it will add to the program file :).   Anyone know any good
> GPL'd or Public Domain bit fonts ?

Remember that you can easily preprocess it with RLL. I'd expect a bitmap fount
to be very compressible.

Google for "Programmer's fonts" etc., there's plenty around; otherwise look to
see what's bundled with things like FreeDOS. If you like I'll send you my
favourite as a .fon file- I might have it in other formats but have limited
time to look for things. Please mail me direct (see below) if you want a copy.

One thing I'd add is that using Delphi it's possible (although not trivial) to
embed a .fon as a resource in an executable. I don't know the extent to which
this can be done using (in particular) Lazarus on Windows or on Linux.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk