RES: [fpc-pascal] dot within unit file name

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Fri Jan 18 16:35:37 CET 2008

> On Friday 18 January 2008 15:50, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
> >
> > Of course not:
> >
> > tell me, what does a.b.c.d mean if you have a record a with field b,
> > and you have a uses a.b.c in your uses clause ?
>
> The magic word would be "scope" here. It's the same as with using two
> different units including the same identifier twice.

Yes and no, of course it will work, but might be counterintuitive.

uses x, a.b.c;

a.b.c.d.

if x also contains an identifier "a".

error : a.b.c.d identifier not found. (but a.b.c.d exists).

So that would change the whole importing behaviour. The only solution would
be to only allow qualified identifiers and qualified import.