[fpc-pascal] dot within unit file name

ik idokan at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 11:44:14 CET 2008

On Jan 18, 2008 12:34 PM, Bee <bisma at brawijaya.ac.id> wrote:
> > Probably not. And if at all, it wouldn't accomplish what you want to do.
>
> If someone would provide a patch for this, is it gonna be accepted? If
> not, may I know what the reason(s)? ;)

unit_name.function (....) ...

How would you coap with this situation if you'll have "." inside ?
You can translate it into "_", yes, or you can just use underscore at
the file name at the first place...

Personally I do not want to see this feature in Pascal, because it
will just complicate things, because there is a use for dot in the
Pascal language...

> > Then use the branch/switch feature of your favourite version control
> > system. That's one thing it was designed for.
>
> For some reasons, sometimes version control is too bloated, especially
> when the project is not too big. Nevertheless, it's the easiest way to
> have "manual" version control. :D
>
> -Bee-
>
> has Bee.ography at:
> http://beeography.wordpress.com