[fpc-pascal] Notice: Possible copyright infringements in FPC code base

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 13:37:37 CET 2008

On 16/01/2008, Tiziano De Togni <tizzziano at tiscali.it> wrote:

> Could you please tell me if there is a real chance that CodeGear asks
> money for a concrete copyright violation to someone of the FPC or
> Lazarus developers?

FPC developers approached them (CodeGear) and took it on ourselves to
solve the issue. We found a automated tool to help, listed the suspect
code and fixed it by rewriting the suspect code. CodeGear has nothing
to complain about as far as I can see!  FPC developers did not wait to
be reprimanded - they fixed it as soon as they found out about it.

Regards,
  - Graeme -