[fpc-pascal] Problem using fpc

Plato fagday at picknowl.com.au
Mon Jan 14 07:13:18 CET 2008

Compiling using the IDE+fpc 2.2.0 works correctly on my laptop(celeron cpu),
yet on my new desktop(Intel 2140 Dual Core + one SATA disk and 2 IDE disks)
I consistently get the following result if compiling a program(or unit)
 eg for a file 'xxxxxxxx.pas' I get:
     Error:Can't create object file xxxxxxxxx.o
     Error:Can't create object xxxxxxxxx.o
Both systems run under XP Home+SP2. Presumably a configuration problem? Any
suggestions(polite) please.