[fpc-pascal] Maybe a new fpc book :)

Ingemar Ragnemalm ingemar at ragnemalm.se
Sun Jan 6 13:33:50 CET 2008

On Jan 5, 2008, at 11:11 AM, Florian Klaempfl wrote:

>> Marco Ciampa schrieb:
>>
>>> I work in a high school in Italy.
>>> We are currently using fpc + gnuplot for math and phisics
>>> simulations.
>>> In one lab we are currently starting to use Linux as the _sole_
>>> platform.

>>> 80% windows and 20% Linux (this one growing)
>>>

> Not OS X at all ? I am a bit surprised.

Me too, I am using FPC daily on OSX and have recommended many to do the
same. It might not be many percent but certainly growing.

And there are so many other FPC platforms, so we better set aside a few
percent for the rest of us.

Speaking of books for teaching FPC, could one not take an old classic
Pascal book and update it with the news? There are many abandoned books
that the author may enjoy seeing brought back to life. But maybe it is
better to write it from the modern perspective from the start.

/Ingemar