[fpc-pascal] Maybe a new fpc book :)

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 20:23:23 CET 2008

>                 1. What OS is most-used for Free Pascal? Windows? Linux?

We (our company) mainly develop under Linux, but all products are for
both Linux and Windows platforms.

>                 2. What libraries do most people use for console (i.e.,
>                 "terminal" or text-mode) apps? I dislike ncurses; is
>                 there a better way?

I only write small console based utility apps.  Mainly for debuging or
prototyping some concept. writeln() is my friend. :)

>                 3. Does anybody really use Free Pascal to write Win32
>                 apps?

Linux and Windows are equally important to us for GUI apps.  Though we
(our company) are having more and more talks about phasing our
franchises over to Linux.  Stability, money and no viruses are the
main reasons.

>                 4. Do people make heavy use of Free Pascal objects?

If that referres to classes as in OOP then YES.

>                 I will probably release the rewritten book as a free
>                 ebook, and offer printed copies of the book through

That would be awesome...

Regards,
  - Graeme -