[fpc-pascal] Re: WSAGetLastError returns 0 when it shouldn't but I cannot see why

L L at z505.com
Wed Feb 27 20:04:22 CET 2008

 > While using synapse in a thread, I saw that it didn't report an error
on connection,
 > eventually I saw that the call to WSAGetLastError was returning 0
even if it couldn't
 > connect and the connect call returned an error.

I am also working on this issue still.

I had the WSAGetLastError working using direct sockets.pp calls but
didn't get it working using synapse yet.. but I didn't try very hard and
that is one of my tasks this week. I think there is something in synapse
possibly which still may be causing the issue, such as maybe
wsagetlasterror not being stored in a temporary variable.. but I think
it is and will have to cheeck (i.e. maybe similar to the writeln issue
where writeln doesn't store it in tmp var first).

 >  I found bug 10205 (http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=10205) but
in my case
 > there is no direct writeln in sight (side note: why isn't it possible
to add a note
 > to a closed bug?).

PHP blows. Pasta Home page. But no one has written a better solution ;-)