[fpc-pascal] DWARF line info cannot be used gdb

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Tue Dec 30 12:50:49 CET 2008

On 30 Dec 2008, at 09:38, Florian Klaempfl wrote:

> Jonas Maebe schrieb:
>>
>> On 29 Dec 2008, at 23:10, dmitry boyarintsev wrote:
>>
>>> warning: (Internal error: pc 0x40144e in read in psymtab, but not in
>>> symtab.)
>>
>> I got these warnings also on Mac OS X when I was initially on dwarf
>> support there. Unfortunately, I don't remember anymore which fix
>> exactly
>> solved them, or what the root cause was.
>
> Maybe using tf_dwarf_only_local_labels in target flags?

That's something completely different. It only makes sure that all
dwarf information for the current unit is written in the object file
of the current unit, rather than that the compiler tries to reuse
dwarf information written in object files of other units (e.g. if you
use the longint type, then the compiler will write the dwarf info for
the longint type to the current unit, rather than referring to the
information written in the system unit's object file).

The reason is that Mac OS X' linker requires that all labels used in
dwarf sections are local to the current object file, as it does not
relocate dwarf sections (to speed up linking large debug builds).

Jonas