[fpc-pascal] Unexpected duplicate identifiers

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-pascal at telemetry.co.uk
Mon Dec 22 13:37:48 CET 2008

Mattias Gärtner wrote:

> fix <> workaround ;)

[GRIN] At least nobody's shot me down in flames telling me that Pascal
/has/ to work that way :-)

Just found somewhere that I was applying trim() to a character variable-
not quite sure I meant to do that and FPC scores over Delphi in picking
it up.

>> I presume I'm correct in assuming {$mode delphi} operates strictly on
>> the syntax of the current unit without affecting cross-unit operations.
>>
>> Are there cases where it can't be used? Specifically, can it be put in a
>> Lazarus .lpr file where this is a transcript of a Delphi .dpr?
>
> Yes.

Thanks. I think I read that as the effect /is/ strictly local and it
/can/ be applied to any unit. However in general I'm using it as an aid
to porting existing code, not because I don't like the way FPC does things.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk