[fpc-pascal] Unexpected duplicate identifiers

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-pascal at telemetry.co.uk
Mon Dec 22 12:44:56 CET 2008

dhkblaszyk at zeelandnet.nl wrote:

>> FPC 2.2.0 is giving me duplicate identifier errors for "sort" and
>> "strings" above.

> Add {$mode delphi} to the top of your unit. ObjFPC mode is more strict.

Thanks, I think that fixes it although I'm still working through the
affected unit.

I presume I'm correct in assuming {$mode delphi} operates strictly on
the syntax of the current unit without affecting cross-unit operations.

Are there cases where it can't be used? Specifically, can it be put in a
Lazarus .lpr file where this is a transcript of a Delphi .dpr?

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk