[fpc-pascal] FreePascal/Lazarus plug-in's for Delphi.

Frank de Groot (Rent-a-Geek) frank at rentageek.no
Thu Dec 18 11:28:16 CET 2008

>"Free Pascal compiler can do 64 bit but no performance benefits so far ?!"

I am developing a GA (genetical algorithm) that needs a large amount of data
to work with.
My development machine has 64 GB RAM and 4 cores.
In that space, I can run simultaneously 4 processes that each use 16 GB of
data (Intraday stock market of all ticker symbols of years of data).

This would have been impossible with Delphi. It's not even a performance
issue in my case.