[fpc-pascal] Porting linux to pascal, would it be, possible ?

Neil Graham Lerc at screamingduck.com
Thu Dec 11 04:04:27 CET 2008

On Tue, 2008-12-09 at 11:56 +0200, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:

> That project is such a mess (my personal opinion).  Just the other day
> I wanted to download the Eclipse IDE, to see what has changed over the
> last few years since I looked at it. Well, after browsing their
> website for 30 minutes, I still couldn't find a clear "download
> Eclipse IDE here" link!  What's up with that!!!  I simply gave up and
> moved on.

I did the exact same thing.   It gave me serious doubts about their
ability to understand what people actually need.  An IDE doesn't do
anything intrinsically itself,  it is an enabler. It is supposed to make
things that you can already do easier. You'd think that easy downloading
should be a part of that.

hmm. That's not very Freepascal related.  How about if I say that
Eclipse is an excellent example of the direction that FPC should not
go :)