[fpc-pascal] order of unit tests

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Sun Dec 7 08:20:04 CET 2008

On Sun, Dec 7, 2008 at 1:08 AM, Marc Santhoff <M.Santhoff at t-online.de> wrote:

> Since I can save a lot of work depending on this orders I'd like to do
> so. ;)

Could you explain, I don't fully understand your statement.

> Is there any argument speaking against assuming fixed order behaviour?

One of the design guidelines for unit testing is that tests must NEVER
rely on the output of other tests. So the order of tests are really
irrelevant. Any single tests or test suite must be able to run and
pass without first having to run others in a set order.

Regards,
  - Graeme -