[fpc-pascal] Mac OS X api cals

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Thu Aug 28 10:12:38 CEST 2008

On 28 Aug 2008, at 08:47, Paul wrote:

>> It does not mean that your "client" can't simply enable a local VNC
>> server, open a https tunnel to the server and simply tunnel VNC
>> over  this connection. Of course, no one can stop you from
>> reimplementing everything, but it's probably going to be quite a
>> bit of work (as such low level things are quite platform specific).
> Tunnuling over our server is impossible and rules out central
> control/management, both sides must act as https clients

I was not suggesting to tunnel over your server, but to your server.
Your server already contains a control infrastructure. If you'd go
this route, your server would translate your proprietary protocol into
VNC commands and back. Depending on the complexity of your protocol,
this may be easier or harder than re-implementing and maintaining your
entire client (which, as far as I understand, is mostly equivalent to
a VNC server but using a different protocol) on the Mac side.

Jonas