[fpc-pascal] Re: Socket library for Mac OS X

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Wed Aug 27 23:50:15 CEST 2008

On 27 Aug 2008, at 19:50, Paul wrote:

> I don't have a Mac yet :-(
> I'm just investigating what my options are before I start the
> development.
> I've asked some questions on Mac programmers forums, but they're all
> fanatics.
> Only a Mac is good and Windows and Linux sucks.

You can find similar forums for any platform and programming language.

> For development, only Xcode/Cocoa is good.

This view is shared by many people simply because it's pretty all that
Apple supports, and there are few providers of third party development
tools on Mac OS X.

http://developer.apple.com/documentation/GraphicsImaging/Conceptual/QuartzDisplayServicesConceptual/Introduction/Introduction.html

> When I mentioned FreePascal, I received no answers at all anymore.

Probably because none of them use it. If you want help with Pascal
programming on the Mac, this is where you need to be: http://lists.sonic.net/mailman/listinfo/mac-pascal

> They live in a cocoon.

Don't worry, they're not the only ones.

Jonas